Monday, April 1, 2013

Bones Season 8 Review “The Maiden in the Mushrooms” – The Secret’s in the Sauce Free on klikvideo.com


Bones Season 8 Episode 21 The Maiden in the Mushrooms


In this episode of Bones, called “The Maiden in the Mushrooms,” the team finds the skeleton of a woman in a basement, and Booth and Brennan deal with more of the joys of having a toddler.


When I saw the preview for this episode, I assumed that it would be pretty silly. Not that it didn’t have its fair share of light moments, but it also had a couple of serious ones as well. I guess I should stop assuming I know what an episode is going to be like from a preview, because 9 times out of 10 I am dead wrong. The case didn’t come off as too horribly serious at first, but once you add stalkers and a dead dog to the mix, things turn somber pretty fast. I even found myself feeling a little sorry for Griff in the end. I of course don’t believe that he had any excuse whatsoever for murder, but I still can feel bad for the guy finding his dog dead.


As for the fun moments in the episode, they came from the story of Christine allegedly biting another child at her preschool. I loved that Brennan used all of her knowledge and the technology of the Smithsonian to try and prove her daughter’s innocence. But when your own kid bites you in the neck, you can’t deny the evidence that she just might be a biter.


Also, I thought it was awesome what Hodgins did for Finn when he found out that he’d accidentally eaten all of Finn’s granny’s hot sauce. It was incredibly sweet of him to figure out the formula, and then incredibly genius of him to figure out a way for them to market it. I wonder if this means that Hodgins could end up getting some of his family fortune back. Wouldn’t it be hilarious if he became filthy rich again, but this time because of something called “Opie and Thurston’s Hot Sauce”?


My favorite bits..


The dude throwing the skull at the chick.


Little Christine asleep in her stroller.


Brennan asking which kid got bit.


“Wow! Look at those ‘shrooms!” – Haha! There’s a line I never thought we’d hear Booth say.


Hodgins reassuring Brennan that kids biting each other was completely normal.


“There could be a market for these.”

“Yeah, mushrooms grown locally on corpses.”


Finding out when Hodgins said “rattle them bones” he really meant it.


“You’re watching way too much Project Runway.”


Sweets asking Booth if he bit someone.


“Train wrecks are not pleasurable, no wonder you feel guilty.”


Hodgins reali ing that he had eaten the last of Finn’s grandmother’s special hot sauce. Oops.


“I know that that’s amusing, but I don’t feel like laughing.”


“This isn’t even a real courtroom, there is no ceiling.” – You can’t argue with logic like that.


Brennan taking advantage of being with a judge to ask her opinion on the biting incident.


Hodgins trying so hard to figure out the compound of Finn’s grandmother’s hot sauce.


“I’m gonna burn the crap outta your mouth and you’re gonna love it!”


“Okay, I wouldn’t use that word.”

“I know, that’s why I’m here.”


Finn trying to comfort Brennan by saying he used to bite people as a child, and her pointing out that he served time in juvie. Touche, Brennan.


Booth telling Rand in no uncertain terms that he was a stalker.


“You live with your mom? I bet Rebecca found that hot.”


“You know this is pretty extreme, right?”

“Motherhood makes demands that you can’t ignore.”


Booth and Brennan watching the video of the drunken judge and Brennan thinking the woman had a neurological disorder.


“This is not your fake courtroom, Trudy. I call the shots here.” – You tell her, Booth!


Finding out that Brennan actually took an impression of Christine’s teeth.


Brennan using Angela’s fancy equipment to try and prove Christine was innocent.


Angela looking nervous about Michael Vincent and Christine’s play date.


“You’re right, the secret ingredient was love. That’s the only explanation for Hodgins spending so much time and effort to do this.” – Awwwwww.


Finn finding cause of death in a catfish bone.


Loving the song they played after the interview with Griff.


“What you can’t see is that he is the best of what this country has to offer.”

“Did he kill Bin Laden?”

“Wow, you are a tough sell.”


Kind of dying to know how Finn’s cousin lost his hand because of a hot sauce. I hope we get that story someday.


Booth telling Brennan that he was proud of her for not losing her cool with the preschool director and Emma’s mom.


“Acceptable behavior can only be learned through the experience of unacceptable behavior.”


Booth finding the bite mark on Brennan’s neck and discovering the real reason for her change of heart.


Brennan telling Booth that she would just tell everyone that he bit her while they were making love. Haha!


What did you think of this episode of Bones? Got any favorite bits or least favorite bits of your own? I’d love to hear from you!


Follow me on Twitter @mokibobolink



tvequal


No comments:

Post a Comment